The XvoiP SDK 1 X (sysSol 823) software reference design is Linux-based, low-level API software for cordless VoIP products. The reference design is part of the DSP Group®'s complete software and hardware reference design for the DVX (Vega Firebird) chipset, which covers base functionalities, various cordless standards, SIP, telephony applications, and demo man-machine interfaces (MMIs).
The XvoiP SDK 1 X software runs on the DVX, and is optimally divided between the ARM and DSP for best performance. The low-level API accessibility enables consumer electronics (CE) manufacturers to easily alter the code to their requirements. Since it is based on Linux HLOS, the software facilitates the easy addition of third-party applications. When running the XvoiP SDK 1 X software, the DVX offers a full VoIP cordless telephony solution.
Designed to run on the cordless telephone base, the software package includes the following main components:
- Fully functional base application in source code
- Communications protocol (CP) and firmware (FW) in binary format
- API SDK
- Board support package (BSP), cordless configuration stored in EEPROM
- DSPG SIP stack
- Linux kernel including device drivers (UART, Ethernet, SPI, GPIO, NOR/NAND Flash)
- Bootloader (u-boot) including networking support (DHCP, TFTP)
- Board support package (root file system, tool chain, libraries, user-space applications)
- Development and debugging support (e.g. scripts for Trace32/Lauterbach, profiling, gdb)
- Support for booting from NAND Flash (first-level bootloader stored in EEPROM)
- Software-based switching