An inspirational and fun working environment, an innovation-driven, fast-growing company, ambitious projects and an incredibly talented team are just a few reasons why you will love it here.
Senior Audio Processing Engineer
About The Position
DSP Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DSPG) is a global leader in wireless communications and voice processing chipsets and algorithms for a wide range of smart-enabled devices. We seek to consistently deliver next-generation solutions in the areas of voice, audio, video, and data connectivity. We are looking for a talented and experienced person to join our challenging and revolutionary journey.
- Team player, skilled in collaborating with in-house and external engineers;
- Clear, logical thinker with demonstrable problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel tasks within required deadlines;
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take ownership and be held accountable.
· conduct development work and execute strategic R&D initiatives in audio signal processing, contributing to the maintenance and development of DSP Group’s portfolio of system-level audio technologies, methodologies and knowledge base, in accordance with the Company’s standards and processes.
· Collaborate in the design and development of audio signal processing strategies and applications – especially those targeting smart hearables, from initial concept, specification, design, and implementation through test and validation;
· Develop and code applications which validate and demonstrate these (and other) strategies, delivering robust, professional code to run on a variety of systems;
· Support colleagues in the implementation and delivery of these strategies within the Company's own products, either by the development of robust, professional code or by assistance in collaborative software engineering.
· You have 5-10 years of professional engineering experience, developing signal processing applications to operate at audio frequency, preferably for audio applications.
· You hold a degree or post-graduate degree in engineering, physical sciences, mathematics or computing (or equivalent);
· You are experienced with the use of standard programming languages and development environments.
· You are familiar with audio and the handling and analysis of audio signals, including digital filtering, frequency-domain methods, amplitude statistics, etc., and the standard approaches to the realization of these methods within an embedded context
· Skill in the use of technical computing and proficiency in MATLAB.
· You are available for travel and extra-ordinary duties outside normal working hours.
It will also be nice if:
· You have professional knowledge of the mechanisms of hearing and human perception, sufficient to support and resource development of audio applications and an appreciation of automatic control, including active noise control;
· You are familiar with practical engineering metrology, acquired within the context of engineering dynamics (but not necessarily acoustics), including an appreciation of the significance of frequency response measurements, signal to noise ratio, and dynamic range as applied to the measurement of LTI systems; and
· You hold experience in the operation and deployment of audio processing applications onto general-purpose microcontrollers and DSP-specific microprocessors.